- Emily was born on Sunday, September 25th at 1:14 am.
- She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz and was 19 3/4" long.
- We were in the hospital from Saturday evening (when I was in labor) until Tuesday evening. It was a little bit longer of a stay due to her jaundice. They were running tests on her and we needed extra help with breastfeeding from the lactation consultant.
- Because of her jaundice and the fact that I was still only producing colostrum, I would nurse and then supplement the rest with formula through a tube that we would put on my breast. No bottles or anything. Right after that, I would pump so that my milk would come in faster and we wouldn't need to use formula once my supply was up to what she needed to flush out her system.
- Along with the grueling feeding and pumping schedule that we have, she has to be wrapped up in the ultravioloet belly-reuben (sp?) blanket that is supposed to bring down her jaundice levels.
- We are lucky to have my mom here to help us with the cooking, cleaning, laundry, and extra hands for the baby. She has been an AMAZING help. We are very grateful.
- We love our baby more than we thought was possible. I can hold her and stare at her forever and be perfectly happy! She's such a sweet baby.
I think that's enough of an update for now! Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers!