Friday, March 25, 2011

Long Morning!

Today has been quite the day! After only 5 or so hours of sleep, I woke up when Michael got home from work as I usually do. But then normally I go right back to sleep for another 6 or-7 hours a while. This morning, however, when Michael was getting ready for bed, Jexi started coughing. Every couple minutes she would do this sad dry cough, heave thing that made us worry. We had just taken a few days ago to the vet to get her yearly checkup and vaccinations. I thought maybe she picked something up while she was there. I got out of bed, as Michael got in, and went to call the vet.

The girl I talked to seemed to think there was no way she picked up anything there. She asked if we had been to a dog park or Petco or something and I told her we haven't taken her anywhere. She asked we she had contact with any other dogs and I said no. It was annoying that she acted like she must have gotten it somewhere else. I ended up making an appointment for 9:45 am. I ate something, threw on some clothes, grabbed Jexi and headed for the vet.

The vet checked her out and couldn't find anything wrong with her, but said she may be having a reaction to one of the vaccines, or she could have picked something up since there is a dry cough going around. They prescribed some antibiotics and pain killers. Then the bill came for $115.00. Um...why?? I saw that the medicine was there but they were also charging for an office visit. We had just payed these people $250.00 this same week. I said, "you're charging me for coming here even though I was just here a few days ago?" She left, came back, and handed me a revised bill. No office visit charge. That's more like it. The medicine is expensive enough!

On the way home, Jexi and I stopped by Petco to get her nails trimmed real quick. They were getting way too long. I started feeling sick. When she was done and I was walking toward the register, I literally almost passed out. I frantically told the girl at the counter that I was pregnant, felt lightheaded, and needed a place to sit STAT. She pulled a seat out of nowhere and I sat down with my head between my knees. She told me she understood, she had three kids. Another worker came up and was talking to us and she started feeding Jexi some dog treats. I was so glad they were understanding and even more grateful that I was the only customer in sight. I sat for a few minutes until I felt ready to stand again. They insisted I take my time and were so sweet.

So, between Jexi and me, we've had quite the morning and are both exhausted. Nap time!


Annie said...

Oh no girl!! You need to relax....I hope that you are both feeling better!!

tara said...

Eek! Glad you're both ok!

Hepburn Hilton said...

Hope you feel better now.. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...